The majority of home buyers begin their searches online, so its essential your home stands out in the listing photos. The following tips will help your home look its best:
- BRIGHTEN. Before the shots shoot starts, create as much light as possible. Turn on all interior lights, open drapes and blinds.
- FRESHEN AND CLEAN. Repaint surfaces that show stains, scuffs, or damage. Thoroughly clean house, top to bottom.
- DE-PERSONALIZE. Put away magazines, toys, newspapers, and family photographs. Hide evidence of pets. Remove calendars, bulletin boards, and anything that could date the photos. Clear photos, magnets, and papers from the refrigerator.
- ACCESSORIZE. Add pop to each room with fresh flowers, attractive vases, colorful afghans, new towels, etc. On broad countertops, display one small, attractive object to provide scale. Outside, replace dead plants and add brightly colored flowers in pots or plant in the ground.
- DECLUTTER INSIDE. To make home look spacious, decrease amount of furniture in each room and carefully group what’s left. Clear kitchen and bathroom countertops, thin number of objects on other surfaces. Trim books and knick knacks. Reduce the contents of closets so they appear less full.
- DECLUTTER OUTSIDE. Hide empty planters, hoses, trash cans, games, balls, pet houses, etc. Close garage doors and remove cars from driveway and in front of home.